Before starting the generator set, please read carefully AI Power operating and maintenance instructions manual book, in order to guarantee safe operation.
Generator set checklist before starting:
1. Daily inspection and maintenance is necessary.
2. Check all the rotating parts of the generator set to guarantee no clog between each part.
3. Check the cooling system, lubrication oil system, fuel system and the level of electrolyte in the battery, refill them if it is empty.
4. Check the cooling system and fuel system to ensure no leakage and no loose connection.
5. Check the level of electrolyte in the battery, if necessary recharge it.
6. Check the electrical cable between batteries and generator set, keep it in good condition and no feculence and no oxidation.
7. Check the electrical connection and earth connection, ensure them in good condition.
8. For more detail information, please refer to AI Power operation and maintenance instructions.
Starting and Operation:
1. If the generator set is automatic type, then once it is started, the generator will automatic operate by itself.
2. If the generator set is manual type or in manual mode, it need to be manually started up and operated.
3. In the condition of idle speed and fuel supply, please manually start up the generator, three times starting trials is allowed, but the interval between each starting trial shall not be less than 10 seconds.
4. After successfully starting up the generator set, please release the starting button.
5. The voltage of charging voltmetering shall be more than 25V/13V (this is for 24V/13V electrical starting system), or the position of charging current metering shall points to the positive position, this means the charging is working well.
6. If any alarm comes out, the generator set must be stopped for checking.
7. After starting the generator, do not run the generator at idle speed for long time, monitoring the running generator, if you find any abnormal noises or phenomenon, pls stop the generator and find the reason.
8. After idle speed, pls speed up the engine to rated speed, and if the generator works very well without load, (the period of unload or low load shall not be long) close the circuit breaker to supply power to load.
9. Monitoring all the information showing on the control panel of the generator.
Stopping the generator set:
1. If the generator set is automatic type, then when the stop function is activated, the generator will automatically stop by itself.
2. If the generator set is manual type or in manual mode of automatic type, it need to be manually stopped.
3. Gradually unload until completely remove it from the generator set, open the circuit breaker and let the engine run at idle speed or rated speed for 1 to 5 minutes before it stop.